Hello my fellow beauty bees and a Happy 2017 to you all! I hope you’re having a good month so far and are not too snowed under with work, college or uni!
I’m guessing that some of you may have made some New Year resolutions. One of mine is to spend my money wisely, which sadly includes not buying excessive amounts of makeup that I don’t need, so I can save my money for the more ‘important’ things. However, a girl can wish and treat herself every now and then, right? After all, what’s more important than a popping highlight?
I’ve had this wish list for a while now, as I feel these items have subconsciously been stored in my brain due to constant Instagram worship…which is by no means a bad thing and must mean they are worth the hype…at least to some extent. Most of the items I mention are more on the higher end of the scale as I feel they are more of a luxury and less obtainable over affordable makeup. So without further ado let’s get stuck in!
- As soon as winter comes around I like to go full coverage with my base and generally go all out with my makeup. Although my skin has been behaving itself lately, a full coverage concealer I’ve been lusting over since it was released is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. I gave it a swatch while I was out shopping and love how blendable and pigmented it is! Although I’m currently using the NARS Creamy Concealer, which I must say, I am not a huge fan of (sorry to the fans out there) but thankfully it’s almost finished so I will be purchasing the Naked Skin Concealer for sure!
- Sticking with full on makeup, another product I have been rhapsodising over is the Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. In fact, the first product I used for highlighting was the BECCA Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector, which I adored, so I’m surprised that I haven’t yet bought any of the pressed versions. Although they have a selection to choose from, I’m set on Opal thanks to a beauty YouTuber that I adore ‘Jamie Genevieve’ who uses it in every makeup tutorial and it looks amazing on her! It gives you that extra shimmering wet skin look that everyone is going crazy for. I seriously recommend you to Google the swatches online or watch one of Jamie’s videos as I’m sure it’ll be added to your wishlist too!
- Another thing that I’m sure is on every makeup enthusiast wishlist is the ABS Modern Renaissance Palette. It’s constantly saved to my wishlist on Cult Beauty, as it always seems to be out of stock (crying face emoji). As I’ve mentioned in my ABH Contour Kit review, I’m not a huge fan of the contour kit formula as it doesn’t sit right on my dry skin however, I’m hoping that the shadows are more blendable, and as the eyelids contain more oil I’m sure they will be fine. This palette looks like no other one that I own. If autumn could be a palette then it would be this one. It contains such beautifully, unique and rustic shades.
- So, I’ve mentioned that I didn’t get along with the ABH Contour Kit but the one I have always had at the back of my mind ever since contouring became a thing was The Sculpting Powder by Kevyn Aucoin. I admire the fact that it’s a single product specifically designed to sculpt the face and give the illusion that you have Kate Moss-like cheekbones thanks to the greyish undertones that it has, without looking chalky or orange on the skin. I have also seen this in action during many online tutorials and yes it does fake rather striking cheekbones.
- Surprisingly, I’ve gone off applying wing liner recently and have just stuck to eyeshadow with lashings of mascara. I’ve wondered why this could be and figured it’s because I have yet to find a staple liquid liner that I love. I tend to stick to drugstore liquid pen liners but I find that they dry out pretty quickly or are not as black as I’d like them to be. I started doing some research on pen liquid liners that are a little more expensive and the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner kept reappearing. I like the concept of it being Tattoo-like, which insinuates that it will be foolproof. You all know that I live for the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks due to the longevity, so I’m hoping that the Tattoo liner will be no exception.
- Speaking of KVD Liquid Lipsticks, I cannot write a makeup wishlist post without mentioning liquid lipsticks. I was cleaning out my handbag the other day and counted that I had 6 liquid lipsticks in my handbag that were an identical shade! I believe I need liquid lipstick rehab! Anyway, although I adore the KVD ones another release I was excited about was the Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipsticks. I haven’t yet tried anything from Huda Beauty but was drawn to these lipsticks as I love how simplistic and sophisticated the packaging looks and adore the beautiful, vintage inspired shade range. As I am a 90’s child at heart, the shades I have my eye on are Spice Girl, which is a gorgeous retro brown shade and Venus which is very similar but much more of a nude tone, I’m pretty sure they’ll be added to the growing collection in my handbag soon.
I hope you enjoyed finding out what I’m currently lusting over and inevitably will be purchasing in the near future. Once I get my hands on the goodies I will be reviewing all of these products with swatches 🙂
I’d like to know what you guys have been lusting over and what is on your wishlist?