So as I’ve previously mentioned, I’m a self-proclaimed creature of comfort so it will come as no surprise to you that I’ve already written about some of the products I am going to mention. I have a mixture of makeup, beauty and skincare in the mix…Go grab yourself a drink and kick back as it’s going to be a chatty one 🙂
1) Anyone who knows me well knows I’m obsessed with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I have been using this treasure to remove my makeup since 2014! Although I have dabbled in other makeup removers such as in the infamous ‘Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm’ (which was sadly a disappointing product) I always go back to my beloved Liz Earle. I have written a blog post on why it’s my Holy Grail Cleanser (click here to read).
2)Another cleanser that I would take on a desert island with me and have mentioned in the blog post above, is the Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk. In conjunction to my Liz Earle, I use this every morning to give my sensitive and reactive skin a gentle cleanse. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, calm and ready to face the day!
3) If you love a good pamper evening like me then you will agree that a good face mask is essential! I have always been a fan of The Bodyshop skincare range and was super excited when they released their 100% vegetarian face masks.They have a marvellous selection to choose from which are catered to all skin types and concerns. I went ahead and picked up the Chinese Ginseng & Rice Mask as I wanted something to brighten and revitalise my dull skin. Let me just tell you that this little mask makes it appear like I’ve had a natural chemical peel every time I use it! An added bonus is that it also doesn’t interrupt my sensitive skin.
4) Although I love a good soak in the bath during a pamper evening, it does tend to dry out my skin. Another new release I was thrilled to try out was the Garnier Body Ultimate Blends Restoring Lotion. After twenty minutes of ogling over the various scents, I went for the honey treasures as, A) it smelt divine, and B) It is designed for very dry skin which is perfect as I like to feel extra nourished. Unlike other rich moisturisers, this does not make me feel greasy in the slightest, plus sinks into my skin in seconds!
|Essential after a long soak|
5) Sticking to smelling delicious, a perfume I’ve enjoyed dowsing myself in is the Chanel Chance Eau de Parfum. I picked this up at the airport to be my summer/wedding guest fragrance as I knew it was favoured by many beauty gurus and as the scent is fresh and not too overpowering, I thought I’d give it a go. After receiving compliments and loving the way it settled on me, It became my staple everyday perfume. As well as smelling all kinds of gorgeous, it lasts all day too!
6) Let’s switch this up and throw in some makeup bits which I have to say, I found extremely difficult to shave down! The Morphe M439 brush was something I purchased at the beginning of the year and have pretty much used daily to apply my foundation. The quality of this brush is outstanding in comparison to the price! Amazingly, It has kept its shape after vigorous washing. If you are a working gal like me who likes to whack on quick makeup that still looks flawless then this is your saviour…seriously I urge you to try this and thank me later:)
|Must have makeup brush!|
7) Although I have not had a stand out foundation to complement my Morphe m439 brush, I have, however, discovered an amazing setting powder…any guesses on what this could be? Yes, you’ve guessed right…it is the infamous Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. I inexplicably look forward to using this powder to set my under eye concealer and t-zone area as I could immediately notice how superbly it sets my makeup. It barely feels like you have anything on your skin as it is remarkably velvety in texture while being finely milled. I can imagine this being suitable for any skin type also!
8) To add some dimension and colour back into my face, I religiously reach for my Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess. I also picked this up at the airport as I had some extra Euros left over, and I must say it was the best thing I spent my Euro’s on! (even over the tasty calamari & cosmopolitans:). To sum it up, it’s the perfect colour, not too red or brown, blends like a dream and makes you look 100% healthier. I am also a fan of the Estee Edit Bronzer- If your into a bronzer that has a slight shimmer then this is your guy.
|Top Two Bronzers of this year!|
9) No makeup look can be complete without lashings of mascara. If you have read my previous blog posts then you’ll know that I’m a massive fan of the Benefit They’re Real Mascara, however, I may have discovered a mascara that is more price friendly and just as good! The Loreal Feline Mascara is one that doesn’t get enough credit in the blogosphere. It lifts, curls lengthens and volumizes the lashes superbly without any clumps or smudges. Do you know how many times I get asked if I’m wearing false lashes when I have this on? I even had someone try and pull on my lashes when I Insisted they were my own..yes it did hurt but I had to prove them wrong:)!
10) Last but by certainly no means least how can I write a blog post and not include some form of lipstick? I have to say that this year has certainly been the year for matt liquid lipsticks! So many brands including high street, have released some fantastic formulas, though, the one that stood out to me are the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. I adore everything about these lipsticks, from the undetectable formula to the unique shade range and most impressively, their impeccable lasting power!
These are perfect for an evening out or if you’re lazy with reapplying lipstick like me. I also love how precise the applicator is, diminishing your chances of making any mistakes. My favourite shades are ‘Bow n Arrow’ and Lolita’ as they are both beautifully unique with a slightly cool 90’s retro feel.
|My Two favourite shades ‘Bow N Arrow’ & ‘Lolita’|
There are one million other things I can mention from hair tools to eyeshadow palettes, except I will be writing this post for another year. I hope you’ve enjoyed my top 10 selection and gained some inspiration of what you’d like to add to your collection, perhaps during the January sales?!
I would love to know what have you’ve been enjoying this year? Please let me know have any hidden gems:)