As soon as winter comes along, I find my entire makeup routine changes. Bring back the summer, when my makeup routine was minimal, quick and out the door! Although I find that I have to put in more effort on my makeup application during the winter months, I have discovered life savers that make it easier and add that much-needed life and radiance back into my skin and I will share them with you 🙂
– Benefit The Porfessional primer is one of those products that I love but put to one side during the summer months. It wasn’t until recently where my skin was misbehaving and my foundation wasn’t sitting right that I dug it out and rekindled my love for it. Not only do my pores look 1000% smaller, but I also find that it adds that much-needed moisture and suppleness back into my skin. Although it does have the obvious silicone, silky texture, the plus point is that it’s oil free and doesn’t break out my sensitive skin, unlike some other primers I have tried.
– Porefessional also makes my current favourite foundation L’oreal True Match last for ages too! I have been wearing this foundation for a month straight and have absolutely been loving everything about it. Now, I still adore my Bourjour Healthy Mix but I feel like True Match foundation is longer lasting. It has a wonderfully velvety texture which is a dream to blend onto my face in no time at all using my Morphe M439 brush. It provides flawless coverage and I would confidently say you can build it up to a full coverage. I find that it’s a perfect winter foundation due to the radiance and silky texture it has. It also keeps any unsightly dry patches at bay too!
|This foundation adds life to my winter skin!|
– To add some colour back onto my face after applying my foundation, I like to use my favourite bronzer of all time Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess. I departed with this treasure for a while as I misplaced it in my room (makeup hoarder problems), So I went out and bought the Estée Edit bronzer as I trusted the brand. I enjoyed that bronzer as it did give me a gorgeous healthy glow, but I was still fixated on my Bronze Goddess and knew I needed it back in my life. I believe my neighbours on the other side of the road heard the sequel I made when I finally found it in my house! There is nothing that beats the colour it provides, as it’s not too brown or red, and is incredibly easy to blend, merging beautifully on the skin making it appear like you’ve just been on holiday 🙂
|My ride or die bronzer|
– No makeup look is complete without a good ol’ highlight and I have discovered not one but two must haves for this winter. One that I love to grab when I’m in a rush is the Maybelline Master Strobing stick. Now, I have never gravitated towards liquid highlighters but there’s something about the golden, nude glow that when I swatched it, it made me buy it. Holy Moses am I glad I did! This little stick makes you look like you have natural Victoria Secret Model Skin in 60 seconds. I find the most effective way to apply this product is with a flat foundation brush as it really emphasises the gorgeous nude glow without it looking too shimmery!
– If I really want to make my highlight pop then I go ahead and dust my new favourite highlight Laura Geller Guilded Honey at the top of my cheekbones. It’s perfect on its own or on top of other highlighters such as the Master Sculpt and another one of my faves, the classic MAC Soft & Gentle. I adore the fact that it’s so finely milled yet extremely pigmented providing a gorgeous glow. It’s hard not to want to smear this all over your face, although I also tend to dust this at the bottom of my brow bone and in my inner tear duct to open up my eyes. It took me a lifetime to get hold of it as it was always out of stock but it was worth the relentless hunting.
|Must have highlighters|
Last but not least, let us talk about brows. Yes, of course, you want to get your highlight on fleek, but you also want your brow game to be strong right!?…Oh Instagram, what have you done to my vocabulary? Although I’m loving my ‘Anastasia Beverely Hills Dip Brow Pomade’, it can sometimes be time-consuming to apply. An inexpensive wonder product I’ve discovered is the Maybelline Brow Satin. It is duo sided containing a pencil and a powder. I hardly use the powder but I am amazed by the pencil. Not only is it the perfect colour for me but it has a precise and waxy pencil, making it easy to draw on your brows. I would advise using a light hand as it is super pigmented and for £5.99, you can’t really go wrong, right?!
I’d love to hear what your current favourites are and what winter wonders you’ve discovered?